Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

...and 2009 is also Mittens, HATS and UFO's!

I really understand why knitting hats are great! You only do one, and then your are done. No need for another one with a pattern repeat, like socks and mittens. Anyhow, I got a flu just getting better from the cold. A real bad one. Lost my voice, and now Rudolf the rein-deer has competition with his red nose! But, a trooper like me... between kleenex, and lots of tea (and ice cream - great for a sore throat) -at least I can knit. So, with 3 balls of Noro Cash iroha, I started with the Mitten KAL 2008 january entry "Tweedy mitts". Then I
noticed that February had a great pattern - Hand/Wrist warmer from Canadian Living (that b.t.w. has a lot of great free patterns!). The twisted pattern became the second pair of "fingerless" mittens, with a hole for the thumb. So, what now? Still some yarn. Of course, I combined these two patterns and made a Twisted tweedy cross-bread hat. Of course, so the hat would fit both mittens. Warm, soft and cosy! Now it is really time to get the Moneky socks going... and finish some UFO's (unfinished objects). The "set" looks a little weird. You have to use your imagination! But quick knits are somehow rewarding. You cast on and off the same day. Big difference from the XX(X)L sweaters I usually do! Got to blow my nose again... CU! Attjo..

4 comments:

HPNY KNITS said...

cute set!

Milly said...

I love it, great job!

Trollmamman said...

Var hittade du vant-KAL:en? Alla mina tre barn vill plötsligt ha hemstickade vantar så jag behöver inspiration!

BertandFelix said...

Looks so nice and cozy! You need the hat and mittens especially when you aren't feeling well.