Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

2008 - The year of Socks!

Starting strong in the new year, with finishing of an UFO (Austrian socks 1) Outer pair, and then quickly knitting the inner socks (Austrian socks 2) for myself. Husbands socks are a bit longer on the calf, and I got stripes. Hubbies are a but uneven, Mine just looks uneven in the toe. It encapsulates the year and all goals set for next year. Knit UFO's (Unfinished objects), knit from yarn stash and knit socks. At least Im going to attempt a sock a month, maybe be good and follow all the Sock KAL's, and in addition Im also doing a Mitten KAL and a Sweater a month KAL again. But Im not going to chase myself with it. I knit for fun, not to complete projects. I knit what I want, and really, I need socks. Anyhow, these socks are from Saalbach area, bought 2004 Both in two colours of Bergenzerwälder "Bauernwolle" naturbelassen, on 4mm needles. Of course my own design with a reinforced heel. Knitting from stash does not mean I will not buy yarn. I will just knit as much as I can from stash.

1 comment:

Milly said...

The look toasty warm!
I am struggling with a pair of socks right now myself.