Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Owls, and rhymes

A fuzzy Amaryllis in bloom, does not capture the relief of spring. Sorry, I doubt I will finish my Latvian mitten nr 2. I thought I was doing it on the night shift (boat-guard!). But I heard owls. And me and my dear hubby, woke up our sailboat from the winter slumber. It was cold, but not freezing. I really got tired, couldn't knit. So at 5 this morning, when the morning light showed us, it is going towards summer, we headed home. So, I came late to the stich and bitch meeting at Maria's yarn shop. Filled as always with "everyone". Great knits ongoing. Sun shining outside. And I just sat and "drueled" over the arcun... unpronouncable south american wool yarn in the turquoise, blue tint that is just so fresh. No, I had a steady though on my yarn room. And yet, being awake with my dear husband - finally really having time, walking around the very dead boat parking (all on land!) in total silence (except the owls) and our flashlights, It was weird. All were at their easter mode, I was just there. Coming home to the warm and loving husband, sitting down (quickly fixing of dinner), I saw an easter egg. I the easter egg whys a rhyme. He comes from a tradition of hiding eggs, but quickly confessed that the eggs were sold out at the store. So, his rhyme went like this. "The easter bunnhy has laid four eggs). The first, you find easy, the second is "knivigare" (more tricky, but kniv also means knife). Before you find the third, you will have gone on the wrong thread (ok, my trnslation of "vara på ett stickspår") that has the same meaning. The forth is well hidden. You might even think it is hard to digest. (so, digest in swedish is "svårsmält") had I just translated this into english, I would have found it so much sooner. So, One was in my egg (picture below). Figured that one out quickly. I went directly to my UFO pile and found DUMLE ;-) hidden in the enterlac.. and the knife-box took me a while, since I made dinner, I was sure I picked something up there, but, I remember suddenly that my hubby gave me the knife.. Hmm.. The last one is hidden in our metallic digestice cracker-box. That one took me all nite, I though about digastion, bathroom or something. Well, Happy easter (ps. Finished my easter sweater.. picture tomorrow IN THE LIGHT!)

No comments: