Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

FO Maggie

Dearest Maggie cardigan is done. An "old" Rowan pattern, knitted in Rowan Summer Tweed and Idena Silketweed. Zipper in front, and I am so happy that I did not mess this up totally - since I am no good in zippers. The lines align (almost). It is suprisingly warm in the first warmth of summer. I of course variegated the backdrop, and I also shortened it. But I am still happy with the somewhat "hippie" look. I cannot help my mind is going to super-hot Arizone Meza, and then I can also see a bit eye patterns in there - almost Indian influence (yes, the native america - not the India ones). 
And also a bit wide, so it will tolerate the first wash. I have experience with summertweed shrinking just a bit too much!
I still have "tons" of yarn left -so I am thinking to continue with a skirt (or shorts?) and a top in similar style... but I have run out of white, so I guess I have to either buy more or trick with the orange!
Anyhow - Pleasing to finally get done in my busy schedule. I cannot wait for some vacation. It is a few years overdue.

3 comments:

QPT said...

amazing work!!!
Happy Father's Day!!!
Father's Day Quotes

maheshdan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
maheshdan said...

I think u like yarn and cotton knitting dresses , it suit u fine
http://www.alacraft.com.au/wall-stickers-cat32