Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

And more Cast On's - Still Mania time

The snow got us again... and again.. and I keep adding new knits very faithfully honouring the Cast On Mania - one new project every day. Most looks like to the right. Except on weekdays, where I have to attempt take some "indoor" pictures. This "string" of cast on is made in some really yummy yarn - Ambrosia, and I started a cardigan, but now decided this is so soft - it would work perfectly for our cold winters as a "cowl"-neck sweater - "pullover". Anyhow, I gone a little mad on mittens. This time crochet. It is a "half"-mitten based on a sweater from Vasa (Finland).. which starts with crochet and then some knitting. Not supersimple but not so hard either. I think it will be really fun. I also started another norweigan vante (mitten) with embroyderied pattern. I had a long discussion with my dear aunt Viola, about how to do the embroyderi on that. She is a pro! We both went to the Syfestival (Sewing-fair) and really enjoyed ourselves. It was good to meet "old friends". From Eva i Stäket I bought two wonderful soft cashmere yarn for a shawl. This one I started directly for Viola - she picked the colour. I am on row 8, but I guess I have to rip it all and restart - since I dropped a stitch - and not just any stitch - one of those k3 tog.. I doubt I cannot repair it. I guess lace is not made for a tired evening. But - It is fun! I have now to really go for it only a few days left of February... so, time to really think what I want to knit - since finishing all this projects are work for the rest of the year!
But - I am knitting on - and it keeps my spirits high! Of course the new kitchen adds to the fun - we are heavily experimenting in it.

No comments: