Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Trekking

Thank you for all your great hints about Paris. I think it mostly will be doing what my Hubby want, since he has never been. I have had many romantic trips there. Sailboat show? Hmm, great hint, Monika, but I do not want to tempt me with anything bigger than we have. Small boats, small worries, big boats, big worries! And Dear Mary! Hang on to your yarn. I truely need nothing else. Im just so glad for that. It is your thoughts that matter. So warm, the Texas heat comes all the way to the very dark Sweden. The truth is, I have too much yarn myself. Over 2 years ago my dear mother-in law told me I had enough for life. And I have not stopped buying. I think the frustration of one of my favourite yarns, the Yorkshire Tweed 4ply from Rowan was out, made me order from Angel yarns even more (enough for a good sweater) over the net last night. So, it will be a fair-ilse ala A. Starmore. Anyhow, this is my Trekking yarn (from London/ Stash). Thank you so dearest NY friend, without your encouragement - I still cannot believe we met.Makes me so happy to see you smiling in your knits. Amazing world this blogging. The Trekking yarn will be a sock some time, but it is way down on the to do list. But some updates. My green silk (both sleeves) are done, and 1 dm re-done (I do listen, sleeves FIRST!). My cerise/cyklamen I'm half way down on one sleeve, and have another to go, now syrup-knitting. Twisted floated shrug still needs one more sleeve (the one I just ripped), it should have belly extension to be wearable. And Jaeger Scotland Tweed in dark grey (Aran) I'm finally doing the last neck pattern (and then sleeves). Will be great. Tudor Roses: Catherine Parr needs ripping and reknitting from scratch. Well, I have at least decided all, so it is just GO GO GO. And Hanne Falkenberg also needs ripping and redoing (Studio 9) which I just begun. Then we havethis Matchmaker merino in Enterlac, just one sleeve to go. Needs half ripped up, some tricks and reknit...So, Too much to do, too little time. And I must confess, my mind is thinking about Bohus and an Island cardigan. I have problems finishing. Serious problems. Therefore I like Julia. It is finished. And I wear my Noro in brown everyday. And I also think about my new enterlac in Noro Malabrigo turquoise. And spinning the rest of that sock. Ohh, the SORK gotland spun cardi with spun colouring Hmmm.. Ok, stop it, and good girl. Finish the sleeves on my cyklamen. It is in the sofa. But it needs a wide collar. Sigh.... first some bloghopping...

2 comments:

HPNY KNITS said...

oh boy! you have your hands full! but i am sure it feels good to have them all out in the open- and move forward, even if you need to frog some.
sounds like fiber heaven.
:-)

Anonymous said...

entreclacen ser avundsvärt bra ut. Hoppas du får ordning på den