Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Stash Enrichment at a Closing Yarnstore...

It is soon christmas, and I just did my Swedish tradition - the one of the few left, julskinka (whole ham, boiled and then in the oven for a nice crust). As usual I missed sending all those postcard to all people that matter. But not many care these days. I just lost my edge. Rather depressing. Existential lonelyness. Writing my blog out in nowhere. I just invited my old aunt and uncle on Julbord, and she asked what I knitted, and I said exited that I worked on my bohus-sweater, and she remarked, didn't I do that last christmas? Oh no, what a disaster. I'm sure she didnt mean that in a bad way. Just factual. She finished her embroyderies, it is just fantastic. And at least one person I can give a good gift to.

Poor husband will never get his knitted bohus sweater. One arm almost done, and the other, half way.

And then - the entire body (well it is knitted from the top). On the other hand, I have been such a good girl all fall, that the 25% sell out at the knitting shop Eustasia in Sickla, was just too much for me. I just dived into handpainted green silk yarn, and 3 babyalpacka, and some chenille yarn, and do not forget the white silk yarn and well I'm sure some colinette tape yarn also made it. Totally lost..... Totally bliss. I really spend too much of my savings, but hey two full bags of yarn - that is just heaven. And I also bought dearest Nancy Bush Vintage sock, because here it is below freezing -6 C. Brrrr. COLD! And Andean Folkknits, really lovely book. And all those patterns....Wow!



And then I magically ran into Pia and her great daughter Frida, who will be the future of knitting and textile arts. She has really grown tall. Pia is a very nice knitting friend. Had lots of good info to tell. Well, we exchanged knitting bookes... and back to Eustasia (why is it that one bag of yarn isnever enough?) and I was on the lookout for Latvian yarn, and I just blew it. So I feel like it is time for a holiday, but first it is all those workprojects that just got TO BE READY. No, no, not work. Think about the ahhh... knitting is bliss, relaxing, no demands, just fun creative inspiring fun. Soft.. ahh.... Ohh.... nobody puts Baby in a corner....I'm telling you Patric Swayze.... Passion in our eyes... You are the one thing.... time of my life, I never felt this way before...I guess it is time to go into my stash again. Merry merry christmas to you. Cheer yourself up. Buy yarn.

No comments: