Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Stickstämma - Knitting gathering! Leksand!

Or.. when things does not work out. It started wrong. Mother went to Gotland wedding, instead of being my bed and breakfast. Somehow, the unorganized me did not think of rebooking the ticket. Anyhow, first course was to colour in red - plant-colouring. Washing wool and rain haning in the air. I got a phone-call - No, The wedding is on SATURDAY - not on sunday. (well of course, how could my mind slip). To spear you the details, it cut the meet in less than half. So, I swapped course and went some minute to Many coloured crochet (since I thought - there was something to learn!) I did. Did I buy yarn? Of course! Some more of that wonderful angora-merino used in Bohus (but some other colours). Falun museum visit had many surprises. Not only two mittens dated to the 1600 something - in two-end technique. But some inspirational cuffs and mittens. After a great lunch - the "workshop" began. And- crochet in plastic bags might be innovative - but for me at this time, I wasnt up for it at all. I guess the disappointment of missing all the fun did the trick. Anyhow, I have been in Leksand before. The most interesting part was meeting all my dear friends. That meant a lot. Even if I always feel surprised with the cliques are so effective, it is hard to mingle - and it is easy to feel like a social outcast. Interesting. Anyhow - I meet and talked to many interesting persons, so I was content leaving for my beloved - repacking and taking the nightboat to Gotland - for the wedding. More on that tomorrow. And - crochet is not that bad. Look at this cuff, great embroydery. And the "flossa" edge, that is something else. What detail. Looks great! Thanks Stickigt for the pointer. Anyhow, of course I have to mail...I still have a broken laptop though -this is my research lap-top... so email is not configured yet.. for my "private" stuff....

No comments: