Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

OT: Guggenheim Bilbao - and RAIN!

Bilbao in Spain is something special. The museum is an architectual piece. But the exhibition... well, Im brought up with "house models" from dad and mom (architects/ ditto), so F.Lloyd-Wright was cool, but not enough! The small (very small) collection of real art (painings and sculptures - was almost less pieces than I have in my home collection). As you know - my dear brother is an artist - wonderful paintings and sculptures, so. If Guggenheim was filled with my brothers art - the place would glow. So throw up some millions, and Im sure he can make those empty dead walls to vibrate and also the fab - but so empty - spaces, to vibrate. Why are people so "dead"? I really think a dark room with a poorly recorded video and some noice is just a waste of my time. And - I payed for it? It is really cheating people instead of inspire them. No yarn hunt report as planned. It was so rainy, and I admit. I was so not in the mood to hunt for yarn when the time was scarce... Anyhow, My fab brother gave me a wonderful piece for my birthday. Me knitting. I have to frame it! Thank you!

No comments: