Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Friday, October 30, 2009

More Pink Baby Ida...

It is small hearts as buttons. The last of my Pink yarn - as well as October is going to an end. This is the last of this batch of Baby stuff for my cousins little girl. Now - quick to the post office and sending it and all the other stuff (see 2 posts below). It has been silent here. But I seen you apprechiate my FO (the cardi)...thanks. I'm so much
looking forward to the current knit A true masterpiece cable - Alice Starmore's wonderful St Brigid. Two sleeves finished, and the back, so now Im knitting on the front panel. It will be a cardi, I think with zipper, but I might swap to clasps.... Anyhow, so this was the wonderful artistic picture my dear brother sent me. It is me knitting the camisole (the blue/lime one). So cool. As my brother says, drawing people I know is the hardest - since he projects himself so much into it. I love it. I think he captured just that serene bliss I get when I knit something I really love. I get so focused - I loose my self and I find myself. Thas is what great knitting does. I think it might be more than a weeks knit, but I'm loving it. Unfortunately, my research hunts me a bit over the weekend, so Im still very busy.

2 comments:

Sue (in Va) said...

Beautiful picture by your brother! what a wonderful gift!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED the painting as soon as I saw it, and then to read that it is a portrait of you done by your brother. WOW...how special!
I do agree that he captured the "zen" of knitting.