Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Friends, Borgå and brother

So, I went to Helsinki to my dear friend. Anyway, we ended up in Haga-something Saluhall (Market). First I got recycled silk "himalayan Oy", just one hank.(hmmm) , in the beautiful little yarnshop, filled with acrylics "One linie", but some german handpainted wool as well. Then, passing to old sock salesperson, from the corner of my eye I saw, upp behind on a shelf - a basket of yarn with a finnish sign. My friend translated, "unwashed, finish spun wool". What a catch! It was really fat white, light brown and dark brown wool 2 and three threads (I got two) or 6 Euro each (approx 54 SEK) per 100 g. It was heavy! The lady just got it from "middle" Finland. Well, that was it. Then we went to her place in Borgå, what a place.

2 comments:

HPNY KNITS said...

I love finding stuff in the odd place- and one always remembres the place in relation to the project!
will you dye it?

Garngamen said...

That is a good question! I might...but then again... it is so fat and unwashed, a colouring will take that away. Definitely needs some thought!