Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

FBK the best! More Latvian mitten discussion

OK, another fuzzy Latvian mitten picture! (I take about 10 to get one ok picture!) Thanks for the comments! Anyway, Visjö, from Östergötlands Ullspinneri is best knitted on needles 3mm-3.5, this is 2mm (I wanted them tight to honour the latvian knitting). Actually the typical frill-brim (hmm my english) was the hardest (=timeconsuming) to knit. Then it was straight forward. A bit dissappointed with the turquoise between the yellows, that should have a bit stringer contrast.
Otherwise, not until I reached the thumb, I suddenly saw the front -page of the book, understood that this was the pattern I was knitting - and realizing, that the pattern was "wrong". But I try to make it a bit "swedish" witht the colours. Well, now I really MUST go to Östergötland and find the yarn, so I can do the second mitten. Otherwise I will do it the "american style", have unmatched mittens. I'm not too sure I like it. Yarn-chasing goes first (Hey, it is a SPORT!) Now I always will have a reason to visit them! Forgot to tell that the Swedish Icehockey championships goes to my favorite team - FBK! 4-1 one period still to go.. Looks GREAT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wonderful!! Oh en sån underbar vant!! Eva