Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Monday, July 05, 2010

FO - Cloud 9

Hi there - No no, do not worry, I do not HAVE a broken rib. That was the NAME of my last sweater, you see Rib also means "kant" in Swedish. I am all well (just a strained knee - too much training to early!) I am happy - since I succeed to finish my number 9 sweater of the year - called "Cloud 9" - which is a great expression of "being in the clouds". I must say - the luxurious yarn - Lorna's Lace: "Lion and Lamb" was a thick and wonderful silk - merinowool soft yarn, in the great colourscheme "Black and pearl". I love it. This is ONLY 2 hanks. Well used! Much better than Clapotis, which I though I would use it for. The pattern Cloud 9 is Ysolda Teagues free pattern (I think an elongated version is Liesl) - they seem related. I think it was intended as a bolero, but I just knitted on - and with 8mm needles, it was fast and fun - from top down. But sure needed markers. In fact, I had to finish it to release markers to my other two sweaters ongoing (Arbour and FLS). But the drape in this simple feather and fan. I am sure to pull it to larger size... Of course I wish I had some more yarn, and maybe someday ;-) But I am happy with the two gold buttons. Otherwise we are MELTING in the heat. And we had a wonderful sailing time this weekend. Just perfect winds! Enjoy the summer.

No comments: