Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Knit related injury! and Art...

Bananadreaming arrived from Australia. Our new huge aboriginal painting. Framing first! My thumbs are sore. It is pinching the 3 stiches in the cables (6 stiches) for the heavy St Brigid .Grr.... so Im not into anything heavy. It hurts. Crochet? At least I can plan. That is how I fall asleep after my mind is going circles around my research paper. A nice yarn to pet. Like this little beauty. A rarity, from Sue. Im still thinking how to do some great soft unmentionables. Ok, Im knitting socks for mummy dearest. Nice and warm Yarn Patons, Jet - will not be enought -which requires creativity. Sue - who send me these blue jewels, are getting a Lopi Cardigan. Im just in that scary STEEKING moment. But every time I put up the fight with the sewing machine, I hope it gets better. So brim and collar to knit - which is a piece of cake if my thumbs did not complain. So I started yet another knit. Solsilke Schappesilk camisole from Poetry of Stitches. Norweigan knitting master at work. (the author!- Solveig Hisdahl!) It goes smooth. Maybe this could also be a camisole? I think that pattern is great as a starter for much innovation. Also giving heavy glances on this little yarn. 4 balls of Silk garden lite. Now. Is that a camisole or what? No, no lace shawl. Im on anti shawl for the moment. I need more clothes! Summer like - easy to wear and combine, and great! And there are so many patterns. Just time. So maybe a vest? a Lace vest? Hmm... Inspiration! My inner eye says....I got it. V. that is cool, like Jade Starmores complicated . Same shape. Knit three together in the middle, and adding in the sides. Or...Maybe this is the yoke of a great sweater. To combine with......? No, Im trying to finish some of my UFO's. But it is so fun, I keep starting new stuff. 3 socks in the making, and tons of sweaters. My thumbs. sigh.....Well, I wish I had some yarn in these last paintings wonderful colours - from my dear brother - the famous artist Johan Mauritzson. That would be a great sweater. Where is my yellow? Ahh.. cure me quick!

1 comment:

Sue (in Virginia) said...

steeks! yikes.....simply a frightening thought!!! Beautiful pics! fun yarns. can't wait.....you will have to post the pic after it arrives here!!! :)