Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Yarn from Downunder

Quantas made me crochet. So here I am displaying the halfway new top in Cotolin at Great Ocean Road. Still have not got into the 33 degree celcius heat. But, as hubby explained, I have now done four woolshops in Melbourne. And - yes we have been eating Curry Laksa, Yum Cha (twice), Singh's take away Korma with Mango Lassi and Nan, and of course enjoyed the Vic Market Caffe Latte with Croissant and freshy presed fruit juice. Carlton looks a bit different, but our former house at Jacka Street has evolved into a beauty. The new owners have made ponds, and the garden and house was just fab. Anyhow, the Yarnshops here are number 1: Wool Baa, great staff, CathyC knitting there and wonderful selection of yarn. This would definitely be my LYS. I was very calm here and only got one ball of cotton sock yarn. And the last Kochoran nr 10 (I did a sweater in this, but Im thinking of reknitting it). Wool Baa is in the picture ;-) Then there is the Woodoflex at Malvern road. Filled with goodies. I fell for a NZ merino and angora yarn in wonderful lilacs. And some complementing Millifine cotton for to some odd balls at home. Finally our favourite stop at Whitehorse Rd "The Kind and I, Balwyn Thai" where we usually had our dinner meals when we lived here 12 years ago, it was a nice little shop, where I got some Clackhurst Bamboo for socks. Finally - central Melbourne on Elisabeth St have Clegs - it is not too bad actually, lots of fabrics - but the Merino, alpaca AND 10% Possum made the buy. Cheap? Absolutetly not. 16.95 oz dollars for 104 meters 50 g. Yepp, Possum yarn is heavy. Pictures to come if I get a good internet. Now it is time to join the BBQ party here. Keep knitting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Went to Melbourne late last year and agree that Wool Baa is certainly the best I have visited. Staff very friendly and the best thing was they were open on Sunday. I now order off their website www.woolbaa.com and found them to be very efficient.

Also picked up some material at Cleggs in the city.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness....that is a store to die for!!!!yum!!! have fun shopping.....they are the best souveniers over t-shirts any day!!! :)

have a super time!
sue

stick i kanten said...

Spännande och inspirerande att följa dina odysséer över världens garnabutiker via bloggen! Den här Wool Baa skulle jag kunna drunkna i i flera dagar! För övrigt snart vårflod här och förhöjt humör på det hela taget!
Ta hand om er båda!