Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sailing! and FO! Gran Canaria top in Lorna's Lace!

I finished the Gran Canaria vacation top in yarn from Lorna¨s Lace Lamb and Lion Multi - The colour is called Devon, but It could be any pool - sea! A great an fast knit, that I really enjoyed. The yarn is one of the best I have knitted. Lushious, and soft but heavy and great feel to it. Silk and wool. Yummy. As its colours. Fits like a glove, therefore I have cut it in front... It is a bit to bulgy there now. Hmm. Being lazy (sick) all winter has taken its tool. I did a rather deep neckline, but high in the neck, as I want it. I knitted the last stitches in a weather that is unbelievable for Sweden at this time. It was warm winds (5-9m/s) and clear sunny around 26 degrees celcius at the Bullandö Marina. We took the boat out to our favourite spot - Ladviken with a nice wind from behind. Great dinner (Green curry) and knitting away. With a lazy morning, almost by ourselves in the nice calm nature habour awaken by the birds... Ahh, breakfast is just fab in the Stockholm archipelago. Going home, we had some great legs against the wind in whopping 6.10 knots. /13m/s in the gusts). Im looking like a racoon, with my white eyes behund the goggels and red face. But what a weekend. The evening picture does not make Alice justice. She is a steady beauty. But the calm - mirror-blank sea is just fantastic. I must say, my entire head feels empty of all wordly troubles, and filled with wonderful sunshine and happiness. Oh! I just love this! The best vacation for a long time. Amaazing. And it is just around the corner, but feels like a different world. A weekend to cherish. At home the dandelions have taken over, and the cherry-blossom is at its peak. The yellow peony (Peonia molkowitch) has just open. Time for joy!

4 comments:

Milly said...

The boat is gorgeous! We are still in between boats as I call it. Having sold our sailboat a few years ago and now looking for a trawler.
The Gran Canaria is lovely! Very nice job!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sigrid! I just showed my husband the picture of your boat and said, "that is the one we've been invited to sail on!" Very, very nice! I hope we can make this work. What a great way to see Sweden!!

HPNY KNITS said...

lovely pool top! so glad you had a nice time on vacation. it seems something I should do.........
:-)

Anonymous said...

The top and boat are both lovely!!! Sailing is wonderful....tho I am always a passenger and not the crew!!! :)