Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Garngamen at ER - and back again!

I guess this week was not as planned. Monday I took train to Lund (4someting hours one way) to do a work. No seats other than in dog-compartment. I luve dogs but Im allergic. Not a good start. That astma, stress, little sleep and cold started its magic. The day ended by a great visit to Sländan, which is the very nice yarnshop. I of course bought too much Twinni and some thick Alpacka-silk (looking like Catalina Alpacka! yes, both of them was to complete a project, that is at was Im telling myself). It made the trip home next to a flue-sick girl a bit better. And - I had a semla (hihi).. really yummy on the train. I bet a lot of people thought I didn't deserve it, But I did ;-) The thing with semla (a bun with cream and almonddough) is that sometimes they are cheap and use aprticot cernels in the almond doug. Im sensitive to stone-fruits. (You see how this builds up?) Anyhow, Tuesday I got the flue, and used my great option working from home, And at noon on wedn. I just had to call in sick. Hubby also sick. He told me that when Im to sick to water my Hoya's - Im ready for hospital, and - I was breathing rather heavy. So, ER, here I come. (In this panic, the first thing I packed was Queen Parr!) and -realized that I have not enough yarn, so I panted upstairs to wind two balls....Of course, this was when hubby heated up the car (it is COLD here!) because Im also sensitive to cold when I have asthma. I didn't tell him. So - ER, great people, hardworking nurses, and a lot of strange sick and old people. Stay on intense care - so there was a place at the Heart intense ward. Great nurses, they all luved my Birch-shalw. And took great care of me. Then tossed to Medical. And grueling days became better based on: I have a wonderful husband. I came with homemade caffelatte, sallads, served me all knitting magz I wanted. And - The fact that I had Queen Catherine Parr. I tell you it is hard to knit with a needle in your wrist, a thingi on your finger (puls, oxygen), so it was slow between medicins, but now 18 needlesticks later, Much to much chemicals Im home. And I think Tudor Roses is such a great book. It is such smart patterns. I have planned a lot. And Im very soon finishing the back. And - Thanks for all advide my dear friends. But I will tell you this: It is too big to be pillow. It might be better as a blankie. But you know, I learned that this particular model is oversized, and Im a bit oversize, and also, It is the new fashion to be oversized (accoring to all magz I have been reading, first the short trend, then the oversize!) So, If it is to big? I will not care. I will cherish this sweater for the rest of my life. Life could be short if you do not enjoy every stich. Im fine now. But it was scary. I cannot say enough praise of the comfort a big knitting does to all people in a hospital - at especially the knitter! Now, Im home with computer, Tv, Fresh caffe latte and a Vienetta (Chocklate icecream). (Art - Johan Mauritzson in picture above! Go brother!)

7 comments:

Annelie said...

That didn't sound like a lot of fun but I hope you get well soon. There is nothing like knitting to keep you sane, not much better ways for comfort and relaxation in my opinion.

HPNY KNITS said...

oh no! sounds like a scary situation- but I am amazed you kept your cool and got 2 more skeins! emergency or not.
it has not been a good winter for your breathing- I hope you'll get better soon!
thank goodness for knitting.

villaa ylle said...

Oh my, you had some luck too with your asthmaattack I think. Knitting is very good medicin and comfort, better than many artificial ones, but sometimes knitting is not enough. What techique has your brother used? The photo does not show but looks like oil or acrylic. Very strong anyway, I really like it.

Mary, Mary... said...

I never enter a hospital without my knitting--heck, I went to the doctor the other day and he told that I had to STOP while he poked and prodded. I am happy to hear that you're back home--PLEASE get some rest!!! And your hubby, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor thing, I was very shocked to hear how unwell you were. So glad that you are on the mend. Hope Queen Catherine was some comfort to you. Take it easy. :D

gail said...

What a horrible day and time you had!! Your comments, however, show that you are now in good spirits. I've been dreaming of making a sweater from Tudor Roses, but I do not want it to be so oversized. I'm thinking about how I would re-style one of the sweaters to be more fitted. Hmmmmmm.....

Anonymous said...

Men Sigrid, du måste vara rädd om dig! Skönt att höra att det gick bra ändå.

Och tänk vilka framsteg du gör med C Parr. Gör mig fullständigt grön av avund:)