Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Off to Skövde for the week...

Now I will go to Skövde for the week, researh summer school (and Läckö Slott), and hopefully get some time to see the yarnshops Speciell with a very special owner Ulla, who is a very fast knitter, and expert in (swe: Montering) putting the knitted pieces toghether. She is also a special person with her blue bang in her hair. I will just bring two knitted pieces with me, so I can keep busy during the long hours of listeníng to clever insights. (Left is my Birch in Kid Silk Haze, that takes a bit more than 3 yarnballs to finish, but is wonderful and easy to do, very rewarding. I started this on 27 of June and was done 27 July).

Well, today I just bought Simple Knitting, with 250 hints for the knitter. Weird magazine, I cannot say if I like it or hate it. It contains nothing, yet I cannot stay away. So I took a nap, and had a strong wake-up splashing a full caffe latte on what I though was - all my coffetable knitting books, the latest Vouge knitting, the Rowan magazin, Scarf Style and Norsk Strikkedesign, was in jeopardy. But as in Poker, the true wonder of magic occurs on the river, and the last number of Sandra knitting took all the coffe, and the rest was saved. And honestly, I just stopped my subscription on Sandra, since is a magazine always a bit off in colour, yarn, patterns etc so I just loose interest. Finally, I succeeded. So, no harm done, but a scare....
My camera just got the handpiece in the coffe, and my little patternbook is of course smudgy, but it could be worse. So, time for a break. On this picture (No, not the Magnolia) is my first handspun hanks from the great course at Gudruns Ullbod (see link on right). The problem with this first uneven yarn is what to do with it. But I'm thinking of doing small swatches/squares, to really display the yarn, and then knit them into a sweater. (Of course, spinn all of the other yarn as well or maybe not? Really show of the difference....)

No comments: