Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tour de Fleece. Day 3 - Navajo/Andean plying..

So day three. New fleece. This is plain swedish (estonian?) wool from UlloMera. It is again spun on my spindle, and for the first time a did the "bracelet" thing - navajoe 2-ply or as some call it "andean plying". Very smart indeed. The fleece-has two colours, but I have done nothing really. I know I should soak it and hang to dry in the hank, but instead I just made it directly to the hank. So - an entire days worth. I would knit this in 5 ok, 10 minutes.... so much yarn needed. But I still have a lot as you can see. I am not really happy with final result, but that is life. Practice makes it better. We have all been beginners, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you already use one, but if not, you would do well to spin on a spinning wheel next... then you can likely spin as fast as you can knit. Your project looks very inviting. The second year in a row I missed the Tour de Fleece. I am as the spectators on the bike race, spectating as you spinners go for the finish !