Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Camisole finished! Iraklio - Heraklion yarnshop!

It is amazingly sunny and warm for september. So posing in this wonderful camisole, pattern from Poetry of Stitches (book) by Solveig Hisdahl. The main yarn (2 huge balls = 760m) is Ciak from Madriafil (very much a sale-yarn from Rome 2004). I just made it around. So, some sale "Garnstudio "Safran" in lime became the sholderstraps and edge. I had a ball finding buttons, that are little "fish". Suits well! The wonderful fingering cotton yarn was so nice to knit, as well as the model. I modified the shortrow waist-shaping and added to my size, since the pattern is only Small and Medium. Maybe it is on the long side, but it flatters the apple-belly. Im glad it is done, and I have counted, the edge takes about 5 hours to crochet. Below is the yarnshop in Heraklion (Iraklio) in Crete. And since I'm a member of Knitmap, I have of course added it. I must advertise Knitmap. It has a lot of stores all over the world. You get address and much more, wherever you are. Stockholm is now competing with Portland with most yarnshops. Fun! On that same note I shed a tear for every closed yarnshop near by. Sad that the wonderful Warp & Weft in Hägersten is closing its store and going on-line. Not the same thing. Well, If I have the "inofficial record" of visited yarnshops around the world, my husband is a good second. Well, today we have cleaned up in the garden. 4 buckets of apples, 2 buckets of pears. And a wheelbarrow filled with bad apples. Well, the 6 apple trees and 3 pear trees are still full of fruit, so I suspect that more work is waiting. Time to make some good yummy apple-cakes. Ehh, if anyone out there read Greek, tell me what the sign really says!

2 comments:

Mary, Mary... said...

love the colors of the camisole, good job! Oooh, I'll have to check out Knitmap.

Carrie K said...

It looks really cute! The colors look good on you and I love the button band.

Knitmap? Too cool!