Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Amazing what you can blog when you are sick!

So, after having fever, being tired, and just feeling very sorry for myself missing out on a great party, I just had energy to blog around. I have to say wow! Wendy, who knitted through Alice and Jade Starmore brought me to www.virtualyarns.com which is their trademark. So for 115 pound (approx 2xx Dollars) you can get their faboulus designs. So, the afternoon light made me do some pictures. So, here is the weekend result. Now I just wish I had energy to do someting. My throat still throbs, my nose is running. And my neck aches. Sigh...And I still do not feel up to any knitting. First picture is the two Colinette One Zero that I knitted Sunday (half-mittens) to fit my OS winter coat. Then is the OS-cap, that bulks a little (it is on a matchbox!). Both on 6mm needles. The added black is Lovikka. It was atleast easy and fast to knit. And it looks better on, than here... And, then I tried to finish the thumb of the latvian mitten (notice you in the KAL, this is the "wrong pattern 19" that Marianne warned us about). I of course didn't remember that until I saw I was knitting something on the frontpage of the book... realizing.. well. It is not my best knit, that is for sure. It is a bit too tight, to small needles for the yarn etc. So, what to do with the next mitten? Hmm. I'm not even sure I have yarn for it. But enjoy! It is an attempt. A "Latvian Swatch mitten!" of Visjö yarn, on needles 2mm. Of course the colours on the right are more accurate.
But, now I need to blow my nose, take another cup of tea, and really think about what I should do next. I was so sure it should be more mittens. But, maybe it is time to size it up. Work some more on colours, because this was a disaster. Maybe I should enter them just so that the other can feel good beating me Hehe... Anyway, how long does it take to knit these? . The brim, was about 5 hours (hmm... then the rest I have knitted during 4 trips back and forth to Västerås - Research time at Univeristy (MDH). Well, I have a deadline for my paper, and this unconcentration is disaster. But I just must make it. Spend 5 hours on two pages today. And I'm still not happy.That is the reason why I write in English. Practice! Practice! Practice. And, I forgot to tell you! I made a subscription on Knitters. And, as a god tester as I am, I of course found a bug on the website. Interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vilka snygga vantar. De var värda den tid det tog!

Anonymous said...

Vilka snygga vantar. De var värda den tid det tog!