Swedish Knitblogger who loves spinning, knitting, dyeing and yarn. I will do some other roundabouts about life too.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Latvian Mitten Latgale in progress

This is a hazy picture of the Uptis latvian mitten attempt, and it is Latgale 16d. The first very time consuming 42 rounds. The yarn is Baby-Silk Alpacka (Indicita) in white and grey and the medium blue is Jaeger Alpacka 4ply. I'm happy with the texture, and knitting on 1.75 mm. It feels great, spongy. I have cast on 80 and I have small/medium womens hand. I will probably need to make it a bit larger no entering the hand, so it is not too tight. One thing I advice is that maybe have a tint of darker blue, since the contrast between grey and blue is a bit hard to detect. I still love the soft colours, that fits great to the swedish "blue hour" - the slow winter light when the sun goes down.

5 comments:

BertandFelix said...

I was doing a search on Bohus sweaters and came along your blog. I love the sweater you did for your husband. It looks great on him.

I am almost finished with one myself. I started it before Christmas and have been obsessed ever since.

Garngamen said...

Thanks, Yours looks great too. You seem to have more time than me to knit. Impressed!

Anonymous said...

ååååhhh, så fina dom är! kul att du kom igång med vantarna med tanke på hur mycket arbete du lagt ner på att hitta rätt garn!! Jag ser verkligen fram emot att få se dom färdiga.

Garngamen said...

Oj, vad kul! Tack Heidi! fast, jag exprimenterar faktiskt med garn. Har ett par till på gång i Visjö på stickor 2mm. Men - hittat fel i mönster 19 (Videzeme), minns nu att MArianne (?) sa något om det, men jag har redan stickat den fel, så få se vad vi gör. Många vantar blir det nog.Hihi!

Visa Lisa said...

OS-bloggen. Man blir medlem i bloggen genom att skicka ett mail till mig på visalisa@gmail.com Då skickar jag en inbjudan som man sedan tackar ja till. Då blir man medlem och kan skriva egna inlägg.